twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

25 (err maybe 28...) Random Things Share

25 (err maybe 28...) Random Things Share

This has been doing the rounds on facebook so thought i'd copy it here too :-)

1) An old boss once said to me: “Rem, if you were a car – you’d have 2 gears... 5th gear and Reverse”. Never a truer word has been said about me. I’m an all or nothing kinda girl.
When I am in ‘Reverse’ .... man, I’m a nuisance. But a funny nuisance.
2) I love my cat Chi-chi more than anything in the universe. Had her since I was 18 when I got my first place. She was right there! 14yrs on – she’s still there! Giving her mama love :).
I like animals more than I like people.
3) I have a large amount of friends and am deeply loyal to my close friends and believe that trust is everything. Without it – there is nothing for me.
4) I have been hurt by people I trusted and as such am more cautious with friends and partners now. But I am not deeply tainted. I do believe in Karma and what goes around DOES come back around.
5) For an intelligent person – I am pretty stupid. I laugh a lot. I laugh at my own jokes and I spend most of my life laughing at things I probably shouldn’t laugh at. I think life is pretty funny when I think about it. I’m gonna laugh my way right outta here right till the very end.
6) I think I should’ve been born American – I am in love with that country, have been since about the age of 10 and am just way too Americanised for my own good. I play basketball and used to play American Football. Planning to move there in the next 2 years!
7) I’d like to get married someday – I think that’d be pretty awesome.
8) I went to boarding school..... Quit laughing already.
9) When alone - I’m scared of the dark and sleep with the TV on. I have an over active imagination.
10) I’m allergic to all seafood and mushrooms – strange but true. I have an incredible amount of intolerances (yup I’m one of those ppl who you love to have over for dinner) – I also have IBS and do a doodoo at least 4 times a day! (you know I had to get the word doodoo up in here)
11) I am a serious adrenalin junkie. I love fast cars, bikes, roller coasters, bungees, planes. I’d love to fly in an F15 jet just once in my lifetime. I have yet to jump out of a plane or do a reverse bungee, but I will. Due to the intense way I blow my nose and pop my ears – my whole ear, eye, nasal system is fucked and basically I’ve started experience mild cases of vertigo - I’m actually really pissed about that cos I LOVE HEIGHTS!!!!!!! Vertigo is a weird ass feeling that no one should have to experience, EVER. Oh yeah, Paint balling rules!
12) once a month – I’m pretty moody and gnarly. Fucking hormone bastards.
13) Spent most of my teenage years in children’s foster homes. Don’t feel sorry for me, it made me who I am – strong, independent and ambitious. I don’t really like talking about it – so please don’t ask.
14) My favourite album title is by Seasick Steve:
“I started out with nothing.. and I still got most of it left”
15) I have a personality that draws people to me. People dig me.
I’m not blowing my own trumpet here – that’s just how it is. people are drawn to me and my energy. I tend to be the person who lifts other people up – which can sometimes be exhausting.
However, I don’t really like people that much if the truth be told lol. Yeah, I said it. I much prefer my own company – but.. I don’t know why, people are just drawn to me. I find that people are intrinsically and organically programmed to look out for themselves. Is that too deep? Maybe... But being a selfless person, I often find it hard to be around people who are not that way too. So, when I go quiet – it’s generally because I am wishing I wasn’t around a certain person at that time.
16) I use the word CUNT quite a lot. Get over yourselves, really, it’s just a word.
17) I’ve always had this uncanny ability to understand people with speech problems. I don’t know how or why I can do this – I just can. Probably should have been a speech therapist or something. I am AWESOME at reading lips – so don’t try and talk about me across a crowded and noisy room... I know what you’re saying ha ha.
18) I love to travel like mad. I also really dig old people. I can talk for days to an old person and never get bored – older people hold the key to a lot of wisdom... that I yearn to know.
19) I am a little bit crazy. Not ‘psycho crazy’ or ‘pop a pill crazy’ – more ‘crazy quirky’ haha. I am a great believer that if the world was just full of ‘sane’ and ‘normal’ people – we’d have a really boring world to exist in. A little bit of crazy is good.
20) I have no racist, prejudice, homophobic, ageist, sexist... ANY ‘IST’ or ‘IC’ tendencies.
Not even an iota. Can put my hand on heart and say that. We are all equals.
21) I don’t go to church – but am spiritual.
22) My closest friend in the world is Kelly. We were in the same class aged 11. I tell him everything and value his opinions on everything as he’s just like me – straight talking and honest. No bullshit. I love having a friend who is so close that he can tell what mood I’m in just from how I answer the phone.
23) I’m kinda psychic. Ok, well not kinda, I am... but I don’t really take it that seriously at all – but I know it’s there and in me – it exists in my family – I don’t care if you believe in it or not either... Whatever. I dream stuff... it happens, what can I say.
24) Despite my ridiculously confident exterior – inside I am deeply shy and if I had been born white – I would definitely blush a lot.
25) I will always be a tomboy and find it funny that people sometimes ask me if I am Gay.
I suppose I can be a little bit unambiguous from time to time.
Those who know me well, know I like the meat. Sausage Meat that is.
26) I was born left handed! Being ½ Jamaican and ½ Nigerian - and what with African/Nigerian superstitions being followed – long story... but I am now right handed.
Therefore I am now a hybrid befuddled creative person.
27) I don’t really love myself enough (or at all... if I’m honest)... but that will come with time. Maybe.
28) I can’t wait to meet my dad this year for the first time in 20 years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment