twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

'Just one more thing' - Columbo

What is it that happens to us as a child that makes us like certain things when we are adults?

Like Columbo.

I mean by my standards of good TV, exciting Tv, thrilling Tv… Columbo shouldn’t be up there.
I mean a little American copper, with a funny voice and a wonky eye and constantly bumbling…
Old school filming… Shoddy acting…Unbelievable story lines… It really shouldn’t bring me any joy.

Yet, whenever I see in the TV guide that Columbo is on, I get that little feeling of excitement, like ‘Yeah… It’s Columbo, must watch that’.

And then I do.
Like now, he’s on.

And I THOROUGHLY enjoy watching it, every time. I have no idea why.

Is it because he’s kinda forgetful and stupid… but actually very smart, that does it?

Most of these shows I’ve seen, repeatedly, mostly as a child on a Sunday afternoon, but I still enjoy watching them, even the ones I’ve seen.

Maybe it reminds me of a time in my childhood, that was good… perhaps even comfortable for me. There wasn’t too many of those.

But what I love most about Columbo is:
1 – His old school car... I want one.
2 – His dopey looking dog.

Columbo just does it for me.
Sad, but true

0 comments:

Post a Comment