twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Thick fog saunters into London

Wow, We have had incredibly thick fog in London these last few days.
It arrived 3 days ago.

Just woke up – and there it was!
Heavy, laden and sitting fast.

Domestic flights into and out of London have all been cancelled.

I’ve just been out for a meal along the riverfront, south bank in fact, at the Real Greek Restaurant (Yum by the way).

It was impossible to see from my side of the river across to the other side of the river Thames. St Paul’s church had completely vanished under the blanket of the fog.

Tonight London looked like it does when they show it in the movies..
It looked old, grey and foggy with the occasional light poking through.
The bridges over the river looked proper wicked.

I actually love this fog; it feels like there’s this heavy blanket over us, it also got bitterly cold here too.

Combining the fog, the cold and being down the back streets of London bridge you couldn’t help but feel like you were in an a scene from Oliver twist.
Nancy, Fagan and the Artful Dodger could be a hop skip away on these cobbled foggy back streets of London.

Proper awesome.

Wish I had taken my digital camera out with me tonight – there’s something really magical about fog and right before Christmas too… fantastic!

0 comments:

Post a Comment