twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Girl Talk..

Emails between my sister and I:
About the scar on my right hand













My sis makes natural products by the way (for those that don't know): inkylovesnature.com

> -----Her Original Message----->
From: Leesah B>
Sent: 06 June 2006 12:08>
To: Oduyemi, Remi>
Subject: product update!


>> I made some stuff, it's waiting to be shipped out to you… i have a lip balm, hair conditioner, hair cream, body oil, hair oil, poo bar etc...>> how is your hair now, is it still in braids, how often do you wash it?> do you still have that iron burn mark on your hand, or is it totally> cleared up?


My Reply:

On Jun 6, 2006, at 7:17 AM,
Oduyemi, Remi wrote:

> Hair still in braids. Cos I am well lazy.
> Don't know what else to do with it - that doesn't take up too much time.
>Natural is hard work.
> Relaxer makes my hair break.
>> Haven't got a clue what to do with it.

When I come out to NY (soon hopefully) you can give me some tips and ideas.
Cos I'm clueless.. I don't think twisting it will look good on me either
I just don't know...

The scar on my hand is there for life and permanent.
Its not like a cut scar... it's the type of scar you get when you iron cotton trousers and the heat is too much - the material bonds together and becomes hard. You can NEVER fix it - iron it out or smooth it out.

All you can do is cut out some material and sew over it.

Which surgeons said they would do if I want it – but it would restrict movement in my hand… right now I have perfect movement in the hand (with the scar) – So why screw that up for vanity?

In a weird way - I really like it.
Its character building.. and to me it just makes me different..

I kinda like it.


Her reply:

-----Original Message-----
From: Leesah B
Sent: 06 June 2006 12:29
To: Oduyemi, Remi
Subject: Re: product update!

I know, the hair thing is a nightmare, im lazy too, i just wear a nappy afro, i cant take it,the best hair i ever saw you with was the braids in jamaica, twists would look beautifulon you, only thing is it takes time, unless you can find/afford a natural hair dresser to doit every two weeks, i asked because i wanted to see if i could make something, maybeyou would not be able to test the hair cream properly?

and that was beautiful what you said about your hand, again I asked because I was gonna send you an eo blend for keloid skin, also sonia had asked me if you still had it, because she felt like a bad mother letting it happen, but im to blame too, I was sitting on the sofa watching cartoons and saw you crawl over to the iron, what a nightmare, I still remember all the hospital visits, i was with you all the time, but I’m so glad that you feel that way about it, it's true that is part of what makes you remi and not any one else and oh what a story!

0 comments:

Post a Comment