twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Size does not matter!

Here is a picture of my Basketball team that I set up 2 years ago.
London Storm BC!

In our first year we came 2nd in the league, which was an amazing achievement, as we'd not played together and hardly had any players.

 

This year (year2) – the squad grew in numbers and grew in strength too on the basketball court. This year – we finished FIRST!


The teams in the league this year were even tougher than the teams last year…
And we went on to beat teams this year… who whooped us last year.

 

I set up the team after years of B/S and drama's at other clubs.
And just couldn't take it anymore!

 

I wanted somewhere where women could turn up and play ball and have a laugh… have no backstabbing and bitching, develop as ball players through great coaching and to have a social network of friends who you can have fun with.

 

Amazingly – my objective has been achieved and that makes me so happy.

 

I'm so proud of the team and the core of women which have been assembled.

 

We are so diverse too: Australia , Ireland, Czech Republic, America , Greece, France , Africa, Russia .. and a few brits!

 

We are quite possibly the shortest basketball team in the world (I'm only 5'7 and a 1/2) -  but you know what. SIZE DOES NOT MATTER!

 

We are the shortest champions in the world – but you know what… we still are the champions!

 

Sha-mone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment