twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Movie: The Host

So this weekend... I had a bit of a girly sleep over weekend at my place with food, wine and movies.

And my friend Leafy loaned me this Korean film called The Host.

I watched it twice.

Basic premise is the film is about a dysfunctional Korean family... Who's little girl get's kidnapped by a monster.. Already sounds pants, I know...

However, it becomes fascinating very quickly once you get a first glimpse at the monster...

Now when I say monster.... Think.. of a cross between a Tadpole and a shrimp, throw in a bit of that monster from blade 2 with the Jaw that opens horizontally... about the size and color of godzilla... And then we have the bad ass monster.
The monster is a bit of a clutz and falls over quite a lot. Seems a bit playful (when not eating humans) and is quite acrobatic and nimble for his size.

The film is funny and witty. The film will make you jump. It will make you laugh out loud whilst scaring you a little bit. The film kills off some of the loved characters without hesitation - and the actors (for what it's worth) perform their socks off.

Props to the little girl who makes you feel her fear.

There is no hollywood ending.

Beautifully shot. Animation and graphics of the monster were superb.
I really can't say how much i loved this film!

Brilliant - better than i ever could've imagined.

GO AND SEE IT TODAY PEOPLE.
Here's the trailer:

0 comments:

Post a Comment