twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

My TV Broke - But I still Love HEROES!

So last week weds... My big TV in my bedroom that i've had for some 10yrs plus, decided it was time to make its way up to heaven.

Being a self confessed TV addict (I know, where the heck do I find the time) I was more than a little bit distressed by not having a TV in my room anymore.

I'm well known for falling asleep with the TV on and waking up to the TV still being on...
I fond that there's something comforting about having the TV on and talking to me whilst i sleep...

More likely i have the TV shitting advertising slogans into my head as i sleep... anywhoo, i digress...

So I was a little freaked out - like, no sound or light in my room (I kinda have a thing about being in the dark on my own with no sounds.. Yeah, whatever, 30 and with issues.. big whoop)

Soooooo....

My brother loaned me his SAD lamp a few weeks back (Seasonal Affective Disorder) - for people who get grumpy in the winter, when the weather is crappy etc...

And I decided if i had to get into bed...
And there was no TV to watch... I'd better start reading again...

I've annihilated 2 books in a week and so proud of myself.

That has not been done in some time, let me tell you.

By not having the TV in the bedroom also means i am now working more from my living room where the other big tv is (yes i work with the tv on - and sometimes the radio is on too - it is possible, honest gov).

So now i'm sat in the living room... and am surrounded by LOADS of dvd's that my friend who shall remain nameless, had downloaded off the web of some of the coolest TV shows and movies that are out right now...

BUT my laptop won't play 'em and my dvd player cannot handle DivX, mp4's and wma which all these bootlegs dvd... i mean copies are in.

So i ordered a new dvd player - which plays everything you throw at it!
And it arrived today...

Do I need to say - that very little work was conducted today....

hehe. Today was a self subscribed 'work free day'.

ANYWAYS... the point of this blog was actually to talk about my most FAVE TV program like ever ever in the whole of the world, no the universe, like EVER!!!!!!!!

HEROES!

Now The US can put out some garbage sometimes... But then it has it's moments of pure genius...

I give you the West Wing, The Soprano's, 24 (you gotta love it, all that action every hour!), Sex and the City, the list goes on and on...Not to mention south park and American Dad... and now... HEROES!

OH MY GAWWW.

This show is simply incredible.
It's about people with supernatural powers. And the discovery and journey of understanding themselves and their new gifts in a bid to save the world... and that darn cheerleader who just can't die!

Ok, that explanation makes it sound pants, it really isn't.

I have all 18 of the 1st episodes and will spend all day on sunday watching them.

Feel free to join me - I will convert you....
Find out more here:
http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

You tube has some trailors also...

Man I love this show... Long may it live...

0 comments:

Post a Comment