twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Caister Basketball Tournament – WINNERS!!

Last weekend I went to the 25th Caister basketball tournament in Great Yarmouth.

It was my first year in which I attended as a referee and not as a player.
I’ve got to say it was much better attending as an official rather than a player.

It was definitely easier on the body anyway :-)

I went with the
Rocco’s Raiders men’s team.
They played really well the whole weekend and after winning 6 games in a row – came away the tournament victors! They completely deserved it too.

There were very few people in the crowd cheering them on…
The majority rooting for the other team...

It always puzzles me why people in this country so vehemently prefer to support the underdog and so few take time to appreciate real talent and skill. And actually support that.

These guys are good ballers and by being passionate and loving about the sport, they are some of the finest players about.

They are not cocky and arrogant – but when they play – they want to win.
British sportsmen lack this.

Yet no one would support the raiders mentality of working hard and working together...
It always surprises me.. people, pah!

Anywhoo - More important than that - I got a table officials medal for doing the score book at the finals and I also got a gold medal from the boys as they had spare player medals.

I got TWO medals - WOOHOO :)

Great weekend.
It was lovely hanging with the fella's and having a laugh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment