twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Appropriate naming of your children

I went to the Gym today.
I was riding on the cross trainer working up a good old sweat.
Ipod blaring loudly in my ears.. I was in my zone....not a care in the world.

Then i got the sense that someone was trying to get my attention.. I could feel eyes glaring into the side of my head.
I look up and into the mirror in front of me.. and there to my right, 2 cross trainers away was a woman who i haven't seen in years. A friend of my mothers.

A short woman in statue.
A round woman in shape.
A dark woman in colour.
(not too dissimilar to an oompahloompah infact.. perhaps not so orange)
 
The only way i can think of as a correct way to describe her physical being is...

You know when you go into gyms, they have these ROUND space like balls that people sit on to do sit ups and things..

Well, imagine one of those round perfectly spherical balls...with a pair of shoes underneath it, and a pumpkin on top
And that is about proportional to how this woman looks...
About the same height too.
 
And do you know what's funny?

Her parents chose to call her....
 
wait for it....
 
Ppppp....

PEACHES!

That is no word of a lie.
All i have to say.. is be careful what you call your children.

The other good thing about seeing someone of this size and moving at the pace of a hedgegog on the machines next to you..
Makes you realise, you are no where near as big as you think you are.
 
And to appreciate what you have... cos there's always someone who has got it much worse than you.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment