twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Valentines day 2006

Well, V day was a couple of days ago now and there wasn't even so much as a flutterance (is that a real word? Probably not, knowing me, I do love to make up words, it’s the only way our species will evolve I believe) nor was there even a slow trickle of cards that graced my letter box this year.

Nothing, nada, Nein, nope.. poop.
So it's official, :: NEWS FLASH :: no one loves me this year.

Well, Ok to be fair... I may be being a bit of a drama queen here… I did get 4 text messages on my mobile phone wishing me happy v day from 4 male friends... So I wonder.... should that count?

I mean when did text messages ‘officially’ become ok instead of sending a card?
Hmm, I wonder...

I’m guessing it does count nowadays to receive a text wish instead of a card. But why should that be ok? Have we lowered our standards? Should women accept this?

Or does it just reflect on what a shite day it actually is?
I mean half the population on valentines day just feels smug and content with themselves for having a ‘partner’… and the other half of the population feels a bit sad and lonely (and anyone who’s single and say’s they don’t feel like that, are liars!) .

So back to Valentines Day TEXT wishes, I wonder, does this just make them all cheap gits?
I mean it’s only a quid right for a card these days? OR ... if one was really hard up (for a quid?!?) then one could invest some time with a bit of paper, some coloured pens and a pair of scissors and make a heartfelt and homemade v card, right?

But now I’ve said that, I start to think… Hmm, how impressed would I actually be having received a home made card from a fully grown man (who up until this point I thought I quite liked), who was trying to impress me?

The answer has to be, ‘not very’.
I’d immediately start thinking ‘he has childhood issues’, ‘He wasn’t loved enough as a child’…
I’d have my hiking boots on in about 0.5 secs and be heading for the hills in haste.

So that blows my idea out of the water (what I just said above about home made cards).

Some friends of mine got fuck all on Valentines Day, so I should be grateful I suppose. 4 people actually thought about me for a second or two, so I should be grateful and stop moaning really.

But I always think it’s nice to have a little rant and let it out of your system…

Exhale… Ahhhhhhhhh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment