twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Jesus rules your life... Apparently.

These are some old postings from an old blog that I just didn't want to lose..

Friday, April 18, 2003 ( 6:56 PM ) Remi

Today is Good Friday and I’ve had all day off work. It's been a beautiful sunny day here in London. And it was nice to spend it alone. I decided to lay in this morning (which i never do).
So i stayed in bed until about 12... then i got up and did 'me' things all day.

The biggest of which was to go see my Gran who I haven't seen for months and months.
I pulled up outside her house and pulled open the outside door. There was a big sticker on the top of the inside door that had been placed up in a very wonky fashion. I think it was my gran with her short arms who had try to put it up by her self. I had to tilt my head a bit to read it. It said 'Jesus rules your life'.

I had never noticed it before... I'm not sure why - but it made me laugh.
And as I stood there giggling to myself my Gran’s husband (who I guess is technically my granddad but we all call him 'Mr. Holder' ...don't ask me why, we just do) opened the door…
And just looked at me in a peculiar fashion with his head tilted like mine. Which amused me even more and just made me make that silly noise in my throat that I sometimes randomly make. I just said 'hi' and breezed in. He's not really a man for long conversations.

So there stands my gran, who is a complete character.
She’s a short stocky Jamaican woman with one gold tooth in the front of her mouth. She has the smoothest clear skin in the world.
So she’s stood there wearing her dress.. her knee bandages (she has arthritis in both knees)..And her wig, that is SO obviously a wig.. still looking lovely in her old age.

And she just shakes her head at me as she always does (kind of in shock its me because I don’t go around enough, but also in a kind of excited way to see me as well)..And she gives me the once over..'look at your hair'... 'You’ve lost weight'... 'Why do you look so dark' (just got back from Africa) etc etc.... whilst hugging me and laughing in her high pitched laughed.

Within about 2 minutes I have a plait of fried fish (snapper) with rice and salad on the table for me to eat.

My gran is by far the best cook in the world. I kid you not. As its Easter and because she's such a church-goer (unlike me, that's why the sticker on the door tickled me) she's been asked to cook Fish for her whole congregation at church on Sunday. She frying a good few tons of fish on Saturday so I told her I’d bring some round for her to do for me as well.
Damn she makes good fish!


Sunday, April 20, 2003 ( 3:51 PM )

Well my gran made it.
And i ate it. Damn damn damn that was good fish.
My gran mocked me (and even laughed at me) for not being able to fry fish.

What a cruel cruel and mixed up world we live in when the old mock the young!



Monday, April 21, 2003 ( 12:39 PM )

It's Bank Holiday monday and i'm working.
That's all i'm saying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment