twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Autistic Mikey

Some days I thank my lucky stars for being born open minded, non judgemental and not frightened of people cos of how they look, behave or act. I sometimes think it's a bit of a gift to just accept things for what they are and why they are and not have to compartmentalise them.

 

I love the fact that I'm not prejudice, I'm not homophobic and that I'm nice to animals and old people (even if they do smell of piss).

 

I hate that people screw there noses up at alcoholics and pretend that they can't see homeless people on the street. Does it really cost anything to make eye contact and just be nice to people?

 

I think this probably makes me a little unique, but I am truly like this – very accepting of others and sometimes maybe even a little too much…

 

Today a man followed me around the store for ages whilst I was doing my shopping.. I knew he was doing it and I smiled to myself. I've seen him before. He's a tall Black man about 6'0 not particularly big in build, but tall, wears quite thick glasses, but always looks quite well dressed. Has a big smile on his face. Has a presence about him.

To me, he's non threatening (but that's cos of who I am), to others, he's quite terrifying and I think that's cos he moves in an unnatural way and also has a poor sense of personal space. He'll get up all close on you and just remain there.

I got to the checkout and was queuing up to pay for my goods and I decided to watch  the people who by now were watching this man, who was simply stood there watching me.

Now when I say watching me… I mean he was staring, fixated and not moving, almost hypnotised by me. The lady in front of me turned around and Said 'Oh, we've got a mad one there' and started to laugh. I looked at her and gave her the blankest and most dead looking face I could muster. She quickly turned back around.


The woman behind me and nearest to this man, was at this point looking like she was about to shit her pants and shuffled a few feet to her left to put some distance between her and him.

 

I continued to watch other people and they were all doing the point the finger to the temple and give the 'he's mad' sign.

I actually thought in my head – You judgemental bunch of turds.

And then he spoke to me.
Really loudly.

'You have the most beautiful hair' he said
I smiled at him and said 'Thank you Mikey'.

He then said what he always says and what he's obviously practised and practised and practised over and over again.

 

'Hi my name is Mikey, I'm autistic and that's why I behave like this. I'm autistic and my name is Mikey'.

 

And then you could see the look on peoples face change when they realised this man was no threat. A few still had a scared look on their faces, I mean a big black autistic man could still be a problem to some of them, so they either guiltily looked away or stared at him even more… just to make sure he never attacked them or anything.

 

Fucking idiots.

 

He then asked to touch my hair.

I let him.

 

He then asked if he could kiss my hair.

I let him.

 

He then turned to leave me be.

And the stupid woman behind me said 'well that's the best chat up line I've ever seen'.
completely not getting it.

I only managed to mutter 'idiot' under my breath and pay for my shopping and leave.

 

The first time I met mikey, he ran about half a mile down Lewisham high street following me (or my hair should I say) – and he caught up with me, waited till I removed my headphones, and said:

'Hi my name is Mikey, I'm autistic and that's why I behave like this.
I'm autistic and my name is Mikey'. And he then gave me a red rose and told me I was beautiful.

He made me smile that day and walk with a little skip in my step.

I'd love to see a non autistic man behave in this way…
we'd have a lot more happier women roaming about.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment