twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Angry at my cat...

I got really annoyed with my cat today for multiple reasons…

I let her out after her incessant whining to go out. And yes, cats do whine. She was pawing the window, meow-ing, doing that whinny meow that’s not a real meow but a half in the throat kinda sound that grates on your nerves after about 10 seconds.Then she would stare at me – then look out the window – then stare at me laying on the guilt trip that she had not been outside for a few days.

At this point, I should’ve guessed that she had spotted another cat outside, but she was just too smart for me on this one.

So I walked her out the front door, gave her the usual warning about ‘not crossing the road’ – like she even understands. And as I open the door to the street she shot out and down the stairs faster than I could say ‘I love yoooooo’.

The usual drill is that I give her 20 – 30 mins to roam about in the neighbour’s gardens. I go to the door and she’s waiting for me to let her back in. OR I go to the door, she isn’t there so I give 1 call and where ever she is on the street – she’ll come running home (yes, I have her trained like a dog). OR OR I completely get distracted, forget I let her out, and one of my neighbours lets her in the block and gives me a ding on the door bell to let her back into the flat.

Today, none of the above happened.

I went out after 30 mins – she was not there.
I went there after 45 mins – she wasn’t there.

So I go outside and call. No response. No running to mamma.

So I walk to my neighbour’s pathway and there I see her and she is squared up, face to face with another cat. All that separates them is a few steps. She now looks nothing like my tiny dainty petite Chi that we all know all love, she’s now 3 times her normal size as her fur is all ruffled, her tail is HUGE and she looks like some breed of monster cat all growling, hissy and gnarly.

So I call her – and we both know that she now has a choice to make, either – come to mamma (& lose face in this fight) – or hold her ground to fight off this cat.

She chose the latter and that really got my goat.

I’m thinking – it is I who feeds you, you cheeky cow.
It’s not like you can’t see or hear me standing here calling you.

So I thought fuck it. If you’re not gonna respect me, I’m not gonna respect you, I’m gonna walk over and pick you up like a baby and humiliate you during combat with this cat and then he’ll go and tell all the other cats that you are the resident ‘pussy’ on this street. HA HA.

So I walk towards her and I can see her slightly reducing in size because she knows it me – but now she’s doing that whole ‘tennis head’ thing – looking left to right, left to right, mummy to cat, mummy to cat….

The other cat seizes his moment, retreats and bolts away to the rear of the garden – Chi, catches him making his move and bolts after him to attack him again.
I was really annoyed.

Now, the thing is I don’t know if I was annoyed because:
a) I thought she might get hurt
b) because she wasn’t listening to me
c) because whilst standing outside dealing with her my toast was burning
d) the fact she was beating up a homeless cat – he’s got enough shit to deal with I think
e) because I thought I raised her better than that – to street fight, how undignified
f) because she was being all territorial and it wasn’t even her garden
g) the fact that she was acting like a CAT and quite frankly I’ve come to think of her as a human, she talks to me, she brings me things and she shows my love and affection.
h) the fact that my slippers were all muddy from traipsing through gardens after her

After 5 mins of me crawling through green bush to get her out I proceeded to coax her out with my foot. Every time she tried to do the whole ‘flip over on the ground and don’t I look sweet thing’ – I gave her a tap with my foot and forced her home saying ‘I don’t think so love’.

She got in the house and followed me to the kitchen.
I told her that was mean to chase the cat down like that.

She tried to rub herself against my legs as she normally does.
I wouldn’t allow her to.
She kept trying.
I kept moving away so she knew I was pissed at her.
I put her food down and left her to eat.

By the time she got back to the bedroom, I felt a bit bad so gave her a stroke.

I then went to the gym, and when I returned an hour later she didn’t come to meet me at the door as she normally does.

Now she’s sat in the cupboard in the bedroom, double pissed back at me (probably rightfully so), and is now not giving me any attention whatsoever.

That’s probably a fair cop really.

0 comments:

Post a Comment