twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Is it natural to hate your physio?

Well, Monday saw yet another ‘fun’ physio session.

Yep, it hurt like a bitch.

He does this deep tissue massage (that does help eventually) However the pain can only be described as having a deep bruise and then pushing into it really hard and holding it there until the pain is so intense you feel like you want to pass out.

A little tear did trickle out of 1 eye this week as I lay writhing on his S&M table (as I like to call it).

All in the name of healing… Apparently.

I do think my physio is a sadist.
Big rugby looking Welsh fella – I often wonder about how he spends his weekends.

I’m sure he finds my whining highly amusing… He’s even started taking the piss out of me a bit… Particularly when I’m unable to communicate properly (due to pain distress) and can only manage to mutter over and over again (In an 8 yr olds whining voice) ‘it Really Really hurts, like really, I mean REALLY REALLY hurts’.

He’s like, ‘what? Really really?’

Bastard.
But it does make me giggle, for all of a millisecond.

Anywhoo, my knee is feeling a bit better overall.
This ‘REST’ shit kinda works
:-).

Now, when I say better… it still kinda hurts inside but I can handle the pain a bit better now…
So much so I asked if I could cycle on it now as he said YES! Yay!

So Tuesday I couldn’t wait to get in to the gym.
Got in there first thing and did a 12k cycle on the knee. Gotta admit it felt ok.

Got off the bike and stretched, did some sit ups and then that feeling of adrenalin hits you. Well it does me.

When all of a sudden the blood is pumping and you’re feeling good and you’re like ‘yeah, I can take on the world’.

So I stood there looking at the treadmill, longing for it… wanting to run…. And in the back of my head I can hear my physio saying ‘whatever you do… DON’T run on that knee’.

Well, I’ve never really been one to do what I’m told lol.

So I got on the treadmill.
But I did compromise.
A tiny incline and a really slow(ish) walk for 10 mins.
It was alright like.

I wanted to run but my knee was like *Nah uh sister*.

So Wednesday I woke up NO PAIN from my lil gym session…. FAB!

So I ref’d a basketball game today at Brixton rec…. Yes some running was involved.
The price of this foolish action will be known tomorrow when I wake up.

Current status:
ICING KNEE like a bitch for fear of imminent pain in the morning.

Pray for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment