twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

The Royal Marines

I forgot to write about this last week.

But on Friday night I went out dancing with Louise and Suzanne up near london bridge.

We started at the George pub - a v cool old school pub dating back to 1676. You walk down a little alley way off the main road... and you feel like you've been transported back in time a hundred or so odd years. I'm not a great historian so I won't even try to blather on about it like i know anything. But I kinda dig old buildings.

In the court yard of The George we were lucky enough to see a Livery band from Switzerland performing outside the pub. Drumming and flutes - it was really spectacular. They were over in London for the Lord mayors parade happening that weekend in London. I had a good chat with an older gent about what the 'Livery' was. Found it fascinating. He said he thought there was now a Livery for 'Computer folk' like myself and that I should check it out... I will.

So that started the evening off nicely.

But to end the evening off even more sweetly, we spent the evening dancing, mingling and pretty much ensconced in a crew of 15 royal marine gentle folk... Ahhhhhh.....

They were really sweet guys.
Really nice to talk to - they were only young-un's though... 20 - 21 most of them. Nothing nicer than looking at fit, brave blokes in Uniform ;-)

* The next day I heard on the news about 4 British soldiers being killed in Iraq. 2 of which were Marines...

Now I know it's unlikely it was any of the 15 I met on that night...
But all of a sudden it makes you sit up and think, it could be anyone of them, at any given time.

Full of life and energy and then could have that taken away - so quickly.

Bam. Life over.

Scares me a little.

0 comments:

Post a Comment