twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Yesterday I nearly died

Driving from Lewisham to Brixton yesterday to referee a basketball match... Something pretty darn awful happened to me.

Something I never imagined for one second could ever happen.

The front wheel of my motor cycle came off, whilst I was travelling at about 20mph.

Now that may not sound fast to you.
And I'm glad my bike doesn't go over 30 miles per hour.

Cos sure enough, I lost control of bike, veered onto the other side of road (into on coming traffic), skidded across road and my head and body smashed into a parked car.

The bike is a wreck.
My body is a wreck.

Thankfully nothing is broken.

However, at 20mph I am badly bruised massively head to toe, I've got back pain, neck ache, shoulder pain and worst of all... Heart ache. I loved that bike.

But what happened yesterday - can only be described as sheer terrifying.
I had no control of the bike and I really did think I was going to die.
I could see cars coming towards me... And there was just nothing I could do to stop it all.

If i'm honest, I'm a bit cut up by it all... And am prone to random bursts of tears.
I think that must be the shock.

It's so scary knowing that I could so easily have rolled under a car, truck or bus yesterday and i may not have been here to write this blog, stroke me cat or see all my wonderful friends again.

It really makes you think!

I know it sounds a bit melodramatic, I am totally aware of how it sounds, But I seriously thought that was it for me.

Not a nice experience at all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment