twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

'AUNTY FLO' visited this week - and my Running update - wk3 Day 1
















I was back in the gym today after a whopping SIX day absence.

Reason for this:

1) The weekend got in the way (way too much fun was to be had)
2) My ‘Aunty Flo’ arrived on Monday… And when 'that time of the month' comes around quite frankly, I become a useless specimen. I generally go into hibernation & sleep for 2 days until it passes!


On Tuesday I actually got dressed in my gym clothes, packed up the Ipod and my water bottle.. I got to the front door and Aunty Flo took over and dictated that I go straight back to bed immediately. I didn’t even take my gym clothes off before I was asleep. This also happened on Wednesday too. I did however try…

On weds - half way through my 'forced by aunt flo - back to bed nap', whilst still dressed in my gym clothes... my mummy moo rocks up and rings the doorbell. Forcing me to wake up and open the door… Yep, in my gym clothes whilst half asleep.

She was all perky; I was all frowny (that’s not even a real world lol).

I think I actually made her a coffee with my eyes still closed... And I kept rambling on about 'I was going to the gym... honest' - because it was way past 12pm and I had blatantly been busted - still sleeping lol. Anyway - she offered to buy me lunch. I wanted to say no, but Aunty Flo forced me to say yes and forego the gym.

We ended up going to Maggies café. She wanted to walk – I was having none of this walking malarkey... so I drove – its about a 10 min walk teehee, I’m a bad child I know, I know… But she put up as much resistance to getting in the car as I did to saying ‘No.. err Yeah’ to having lunch in a greasy spoon café instead of going to the gym.

Aww good old Irish Maggies cafe in Lewisham – It’s a LEGENDARY café, it’s been there as long as I can remember … my earliest memories of it are from about age 10 +. I ended up eating a HUGE omelette with chips... I didn't want to do it.. But Aunty Flo made me! It was delicious and contained Ham, cheese and onion… Yumtastic.

We had a good old chat... It was really nice.

I dropped her home - and remembering that she had a garden... and what with the sun being out (it was stonkingly hot day yesterday) - Aunty Flo suggested to me that I go and sunbathe in the garden, read magazines and keep her company (I played no part in this decision whatsoever it was all aunty flo's doing) - I ended up sitting about in pink shorts, big glasses and a vest - ripping out advertorials from magazines - this was all so I didn't feel too bad about doing NO work that day - I kinda felt like I was sort of working.. You know... Research for work blah blah companies to contact… blah blah blah).

I tell you what... She’s a right bossy cow is my aunty flo – I’ve learned there is no arguing with her… If she tells me to eat chips and bacon for breakfast… then I shall… if she orders that instead of the meat I have sensibly marinating in the fridge… that I forget about it and go and buy chicken and chips cos it’s easier – then I shall. If she orders that I eat 2 bars of chocolate straight after, then who I am to argue?

Besides Monday (her day of arrival - I managed to cram in 1.5hrs of playing basketball & a day at the office) – ½ of this week has pretty much been a write off in terms of exercise and doing any real work - ALL because of my Aunty Flo visiting.

Men will never understand this problem... It's actually like your body has been taken over by some outside being... And your normal life is put on hold. There's no if's or buts about it or rationalising it. Some months I try and fight it... But this month.. and with the hot weather to boot... No chance!

And weirder than that.. only some women have this happen to them.

I’m pleased to say that today she has left (yay) – my tummy can return to its normal shape and size, my hormones are back in ‘sensible and controllable’ mode – et moi… Back in the gym!

Happy days.

The Running Update:

Well… It’s pretty poor if I’m honest:

Run 1min & Walk 1min x 5
In actual fact… It should’ve been x 10 – however my shins were killing me by the time I got to the 10 min mark… So I spent 15 mins in total on the runner and covered only 1.6 km. Poor show, I know!

I need to purchase new runners… end of!

By the end of this week I have to run and time my 1st recorded mile!
(according to my bupa running plan)

I cycled for 15.
Done 10 mins of weights (arms are feeling Goooood)
Done 10 mins of Sit ups and Push ups.


But again the Ipod died on me (i'm not impressed – me needs to visit the Ipod store, my baby is having some sort of mid life crisis – full battery but keeps turning itself off.. Not good).

So I had kiss fm blasted out of the gym’s stereo but as I appeared to have turned up during ‘The gyms granny hour’ - 2 old dears kept turning it down because they said ‘it was too loud’… I wouldn’t dare argue with either of the 2 old Jamaican granny’s (I have one of my own... I know better than that) so I had to concede.

Without my music to spurn me on I lasted 50 mins in the gym today.
Better than nothing I suppose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment