twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

I'm Running a 1/2 marathon

Upon returning from my little weekend road trip to Wales..
I've decided to do a half marathon by the end of this year.

In a few months I will run a 5k Marathon in Cardiff with my friend Louise.
Progressing onto a 12k Run in Oct/Nov time.

My hope is to run the 5k in under 40 mins and without stopping.

Which may seem simple to some.
However, I have no runners physique.

I'm quite big boned, so am naturally heavy, I also have quite a muscly body.. And muscle is way heavier than fat!

My fitness levels i'd say are fairly high as i play basketball atleast twice aweek.
However, being asthmatic and being big built - I am no long distance runner and struggle at the moment to hit 2k without stopping....

I can stay on a basketball court running about for 2hrs - but its all about interval running... Starting and Stopping.
So this really is a huge challenge for me!

The bupa site has a great
running training programme which I am now following strictly.
I'm hoping this will break me into running a longer distance without stopping.

I'm going to use this blog to record my running progress from day to day.
Hopefully I will be shamed into making sure I do it and progress.

* Starting today - I did 2.75km on the treadmill (wk 1 of bupa plan - Run 1m Walk 2m X 6)
* Cycled 7km on the bike in 10 mins.
* 10 mins of stretching and stomach sit ups

Bupa training:
http://www.bupa.co.uk/health_information/html/healthy_living/lifestyle/exercise/running/beginner/programme.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment